Friday, 27 December 2013

Wrapping up 2013


As the year draws to a close it's only natural to look back and reflect. I have very mixed feelings about this year, I withdrew a bit from all my online social activities and gave in to my need for a little solitude. As good as the quiet has been, at times it also made me feel like I missed (out on) a lot.
I have started way more projects than I finished, I've shared less than what I made, I still have quite a few belated bee blocks to finish (oh the shame!) I did not finish a single quilt but my wardrobe is starting to look better and better. I think that all the while what I've really been working on was creating  more space. Removing the clutter, in my brain in my home, in my sewing, in my parenting. More space to grow, more space to create, more space to just be. It's been a bit of an intangible subject for me to share as most of it happens beneath the surface.

Anyway that was 2013, no predictions or resolutions for the new year as I tend not to stick to them anyway ;) Just out with the old and in with the new, isn't that what the new year is all about?




Wishing you all a very happy and creative New Year!

x Leila

11 comments:

  1. Love that quote, perfect! Hope you have a fabulous year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the plan for 2014...less clutter for sure. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My New Years resolution is 'in 2014, I'm going to do stuff!' That should cover it, right?? Just found your blog recently, and I really enjoy it. I hope you decide to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the photo and sentiment!
    I really need to go through all my 'STUFF' and sort it all out ~ it's been weighing on me lately.
    I do have a word for 2014 and it is productive ~ I have hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words.....here's to a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so wanted to see the back of 2013. I totally have felt the same as you this year about blogging and creative social media activity as well as creative activities. Lets hope we get our mojo back on track in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. De-clutter should be my word/action of 2014! Hope you enjoy a creative year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're always missing out on something, right? It's just the way it goes. I have to continually remind myself that I DO like my choices and would make them again, even if I'm not like "so-and-so" or haven't achieved "such and such". I hope you have a very happy and personally satisfying new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the ideas your share here
    So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
    Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
    I state that the technology used is not as sophisticated as the technology in your country
    Although I had a lot of obstacles with existing technologies in Indonesia in my country, but I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
    Once again I want to say thank you
    ID Files World Price Mebel Murah Blog ID Files Ada Gratis One Notepad Online Info Teknologi Berita Otomotif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Like you I haven't made (or blogged about) any long lists of goals or unfinished projects to work on in 2014. If I did that - I'd feel a complete failure by the end of January!! I do have lots of ideas in my head though and will plan to talk about them when (and if) they bear fruit :-) If I get to the start of 2015 feeling better about what I've managed in 2014 than I did about my accomplishments in 2013 - that will be good enough for me! Lynne.

      Delete
  10. Wow Im disappointed. Im not contacting you out though, I think it is everyone else out there that is not getting notice.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)