Thursday, 30 January 2014

Deer & Doe cut out skull Plantain - my entry

Having seen so many fantastic versions of the Plantain t-shirt already I felt the need to push outside my comfort zone and try something different. I had only one suitable fabric at hand and it wasn't at all what I would have ideally chosen for this shirt. It's a medium weight sweater knit but without the plush softness on the inside in a muted greyish brown…meh!
But having to work with such a plain fabric made me push my boundaries just that little further and opt for a bit of drama. I am loving the end result!

Behold the cut out skull Plantain ;-)







I googled images for cut out skull t-shirts and used those as a guide to draw the outlines straight onto the back panel with an erasable marker. After that it was only a matter of plucking up the courage to start cutting.
For the elbow patches I used some faux leather. I made a size 38 no alterations and it is a little large on me. The relaxed fit works well with the skull but next time I will go down a size.






It was a bit of a race against the clock to get my t-shirt ready in time. Luckily it comes together pretty quick. Excuse the dark pictures I was in such a hurry to get them done before sunset!
If you would like to enter in the Deer & Doe challenge you'll have to be quick, it ends midnight tomorrow!

x Leila

3 comments:

  1. Ha, excellent, it'll definitely be unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So clever and even it's a skull, it's so lovely! Leila, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Leila, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)